Teen Day Camp: A Week of Fun, Fellowship, and Learning
Campers participated in a host of hands-on STEM activities and more during our recent Teen Day Camp at the Creation Museum.
It’s been a busy summer at Camp Infinity as we welcome new and returning campers each week for a different camp—it’s certainly keeping us on our toes! Well, we recently completed our Teen Day Camp at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. It was an exciting week of fun, fellowship, and learning.
Campers participated in a host of hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) activities, heard from apologetics speakers, and had a great time working together in teams to solve problems. The theme for Ci 3.0 was energy and many of our activities were structured around this idea.
Here are just some of the activities the campers participated in:
- Chemical Energy: To learn about energy and the human body, campers measured the amount of oxygen coming in and carbon dioxide going out of the body before and after physical activity.
- Solar Ovens: The sun produces an incredible amount of energy so what better place to turn to when learning about energy? Campers worked in teams to design and create an oven that could harness the sun’s energy to cook a tasty s’more snack.
- Graphing Decent: Campers watched daredevil Felix Baumgartner’s historic jump from the stratosphere and then graphed his descent. We then discussed how to interpret and make predictions using a graph.
- Zipline Adventure: What better way to learn about physics then by soaring through the trees on a zipline?
- Robotics: No Ci camp would be complete without robotics! In this activity—a favorite with many campers—they designed and programed their own EV3 Lego robot.
- Creation Science Investigation (CSI): Campers explored the Creation Museum, found important facts, and answered challenging discussion questions.
- Speaker Sessions: Campers heard from Answers in Genesis apologetics speakers including Ken Ham, Dr. Georgia Purdom, Brain Osborne and more. They even learned about microorganisms and microscopes in a special workshop with Dr. David Menton.
Teen day camp was a great week of learning about energy and other STEM topics. But, more importantly, campers were equipped to think biblically about science and technology. Their faith was strengthened through apologetics teaching and their knowledge of God’s Word was deepened. We’re thrilled that we were able to be part of training the next generation of scientists and engineers to love God, His Word, and science and to study both His Word and His creation for His glory.
Learn more about Camp Infinity at https://campinfinity.com/camps/ and like us on Facebook for pictures, videos, and exciting updates about next year’s Ci 4.0.
Jason is the social media manager for Camp Infinity. He loves helping us tell the stories of Ci through the digital mediums of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.