Camp Infinity Statement of Faith
What We Believe
Camp Infinity’s mission is to help students see how science and technology integrate with a creation apologetics worldview, preparing them to explain and defend their faith and succeed in their future STEM education and in their careers.
As an organization, the board of directors and staff of Camp Infinity agree completely to each of the following regarding the Bible & STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)
We believe the Bible teaches
- God is one, but exists as three distinct personages, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The 66 books of the Bible are God’s inspired written word without error in its original autographs.
- The Bible is the supreme authority in everything it teaches.
- God created all that exists in six normal days approximately 6000 years ago.
- All that God created was perfect, including the first humans, Adam and Eve.
- Humans were created with a free will.
- Adam and Eve choose to disobey God’s clearly communicated limitation on what they could eat in the Garden of Eden.
- This disobedience caused death, disease and destruction to mar the Creation, resulting in sin extending to Adam and Eve and all their descendants.
- God promised to provide a Savior as recorded in Genesis 3. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of this promise as He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect human life, died on a cross and rose again, providing forgiveness of all sins and victory over death to all who put their trust in Him.
- Jesus Christ is the only way for humans to establish a relationship with God and live eternally with Him.
- As believers we ought to submit ourselves to the authority of a local church.
- Marriage is a special, God-ordained relationship between a man and a woman.
- The sanctity of life, in that life begins at conception (defined as the moment of fertilization).
We agree that
- Science is the study of knowledge and that knowledge comes from God.
- Science is possible only with a biblical worldview.
- Evolution is an attempt by Satan to cause humans to question the authority of the Bible.
- Teaching science is an excellent way to encourage humans to consider their Creator and glorify Him.
- God has endowed man with curiosity about the world, and that proper study of the natural world is a part of God’s command to subdue the world (Genesis 1:28).
- STEM is an opportunity for young people to prepare for a life of service to our Creator.