Praise + Prayer = Promise
Praises from the past & prayers for the future provide promised expectations of God's blessing
With less than four weeks until Ci's very first program, this morning I awoke with a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. There is so much to do it seems! This has hit me before. When it does, I find that reflecting on God's provisions of the past, gives me a promised expectation that, by keeping my trust and focus on Him, He will bring to pass all that is needed. This brings a calmness to my spirit and soon the pit of my stomach feels better. :-)
What helps me the most is knowing God has placed upon the hearts of so many, an interest in and desire to pray for Ci. Here are a few specific prayer requests for those who are burdened to pray for God to use Ci to inspire young people to discover wonder and amazement in everything they see in the world around them and teach them to face each day with an insatiable curiosity that drives them into a closer relationship with the Infinite One who created it all.
- 50 campers -- We are currently at 36 with several still considering. We are still accepting applications for the first and second weeks of camp. A few scholarships are still available also.
- Donations -- We need an additional $10K for robots and other equipment.
- Finishing up our devotional guide & museum guide - Sword & Shield and CSI Adventure, both designed to help a person have answers from the Bible to A) guard their heart from this present evil age B) present the Gospel to those who need Christ in a way that is relevant within the culture.
- My meeting tomorrow with a friend who directed a camp for 20 years --I have asked the question “How can I prepare the hearts of my counselors to have positive spiritual impact on the hearts of our campers?”
I would be remiss if I did not share a few of the blessings and ask you to also praise our great God for them!
- directing scholarship funds to the right family (details)
- allowing me to spend last week at the Creation Museum with a man who founded one the Christian camps upon which I have modeled Ci (details)
- Ken Ham's blog post about Camp Infinity (details)
- the opportunity to present Camp Infinity to the staff of Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum (details)
- a trial run of several Ci activities by a Junior High pioneer (details)
Thank you for your continued prayers. We are excited about the blessings God has sent our way and are trusting Him to fulfill His promises.
Where Science & Technology Meet Truth