Ci 1.0 Reflections & Preparations
Results of first summer
A BIT of News from Ci
Reflections & Preparations
- Prayer Yields Fruit
- Ci by the Numbers
- Camper Survey Results
- Blessings & Needs
Prayer Yields FruitIt seems hard to believe that three weeks of camp are over. Months of preparation have gone into these three weeks which included the following: creating a new curriculum, training counselors, promoting an unprecedented new camp, acquiring suitable accommodations, making arrangements with three museums, creating more than a dozen STEM activities. After preparing, I realized that it was the prayers of God's people that gave the strength for us to fulfill our mission to be effective in the hearts and minds of our campers. This type of spiritual work happens only through the prayers of God's people.
One example was brought to my attention from one of the emails from a camper's parent. After assuring me of her prayers for Ci, this mom used the following verse to encourage my heart that He was the one who would go before us and through Ci do His work.
Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Some examples of how we saw His working were the following:
- Scheduled activities were executed flawlessly by God's grace
- Campers had well-developed, thoughtful answers in Ci daily journal
- Campers asked many questions that showed they were thinking deeply about the apologetics teaching
- Enthusiasm of campers for every activity -- (STEM or apologetics-based)
- Speakers recognized the level of questions kids were asking
- God sent a camp full of geeks who loved the Bible!
- One camper received assurance of salvation
- One camper made a profession of faith
- One camper (whose cultural background was not Biblically-based) was ready to believe by the end of the week
- Each counselor showed a level of desire to work with the campers as they sought to connect with each camper -- the lower camper to counselor ratio made this heart-connecting possible
- 90% of campers responded that they wanted to return to camp
The Lord taught me an important lesson regarding contentment while spending a few days after camp on my brother-in-law's farm alongside a cornfield. It was a very special break to go to the farm and reflect for a few days about the three weeks of Ci 1.0. Read more in my blog.
Ci by the NumbersAt Ci we love numbers. It's in our name. We believe children can be taught to like and appreciate math. So here are a few numbers of interest concerning Ci.
- 40 - campers
- 10 - counselors
- 5 - staff (STEM teachers, program director, child safety director, camp director)
- 640 - acres
- 3 - museums
- 11,049 - person miles
- 12 - speakers
- 144 - activity hours
- 14 - camper awards
- 598 - number of likes on Ci Facebook page (help us reach 600)
- 691 - number of folks on our newsletter email list (help us reach 700)
Camper Survey Results One of the signs of success is how the campers have responded to our post camp survey. Half of our campers have responded to an extensive online survey. We believe their comments both reflect the success of Ci 1.0 and will be a blessing to our readers.
- I loved Camp Infinity! This is by far the best camp I have ever attended and I definitely want to come back!
- I had an incredibly amazing week at Ci. I had so much fun doing all the many activities we had all week long. I loved all the speakers and what they had to say.
- I really enjoyed camp. It gave me a good picture of learning about my faith and defending it. Over all, I couldn't get enough of Camp Infinity.
- This fueled my passion for defending God's Word. There are so many people out there who need to hear the truth, and I feel better equipped to share the truth with them.
In our next newsletter we will share more survey results as this gives us an excellent gauge for planning Ci 2.0.
Blessings & NeedsBeing on the front lines of a new ministry, (while it has its challenges) gives us the honor of seeing the Lord's working in so many ways. In addition to the above-mentioned blessings, here are just a few to highlight God's work:
- all of the needs listed in our previous newsletter have been provided
- the Lord provided enough campers to run a 2nd week of camp
- the counselors were all amazed at the solid answers they received from the AiG speakers during Training Week
- from SC (through Craigslist) to 5 miles away from our camp in KY, God miraculously provided an air hockey table to provide some fun competition with a mathematical twist
- all the funds were provided to help families with financial needs to be able to send their children to Ci
- we were overwhelmed at the level with which we achieved our mission to reach the campers' head with STEM and heart with biblical apologetics
- seeing the joy on the faces of the Creation Museum staff as they witnessed first hand God using their ministry to equip these young people to have solid biblical answers to defend their faith in the authority of the Word of God
Here are a few specific needs for which you could pray:
- Finalizing details for Ci 2.0
- lodging accommodations
- volunteer graphic designer
- We are thankful the Lord provided the number of campers He wanted us to have for both weeks of camp; however, this number of campers did not allow us to meet our budgeted needs for each week of camp. Thank you for praying that the Lord will supply these needs. If you or your local church would like to help, we can provide more details.
- You can donate securely using PayPal. Designate your donation to [email protected] which is registered with PayPal. If you would prefer to donate using a check, make it out to "Camp Infinity" and mail to 122 Montverde Drive, Greenville, SC 29609. Camp Infinity is a registered 501c3 with the IRS.
- Ways we can promote Ci 2.0, especially in the OH, KY, IN area. If you know of a Christian school or home school group that might be interested in a STEM + apologetics workshop, please let us know. We are setting up meetings for this Fall.
We plan to share more cool stories from Ci 1.0 in our next newsletter. Keep an eye on your inbox.
Thank you for your continued interest in what the Infinite One has done and will do to help Camp Infinity to inspire young people to discover wonder and amazement in everything they see in the world around them and to teach them to face each day with an insatiable curiosity that drives them into a closer relationship with the Infinite One who created it all.
Founder & Director
Camp Infinity, Where Science & Technology Meet Truth