Seven Reasons to Send Your Child to Camp Infinity
Recently, as I was browsing through the Greenville Journal, an opinion piece entitled, “5 reasons to send the kids to summer camp” caught my eye. It was written by the executive director of the local YMCA camp to encourage parents to get their kids off the couch this summer and get them to camp for an experience they would never forget.
The director opened with a quote from the former president of Harvard University, “I have the conviction that a few weeks in a well-organized summer camp may be of more value educationally than a whole year of formal school work.” He then proceeded to give five reasons parents should send their kids to camp. I would like to borrow his five reasons and add on two of my own that are unique to Camp Infinity.
- For adventure. At Camp Infinity (Ci) young people are in for an adventure—an adventure of hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) learning as they explore new technologies, test ideas, and compete against other teams.
- For new experiences. Every year, in addition to perennial favorites such as robotics, we plan new activities around a theme (this year’s theme was energy). The campers experience something new each year—something they likely wouldn’t get to experience at home like flying a drone or soaring over the trees on a zip line. These hands-on experiences are far different from textbook learning and inspire creativity and a love for God’s creation and the laws He has put in place to govern nature.
- For personal growth. At Ci campers learn teamwork, problem solving, and confidence. They must work together in teams to accomplish tasks, such as programming a robot or building a solar oven, developing unique solutions to problems as they arise. It builds character, new skills, and confidence as they discover solutions among themselves.
- For new friendships. Campers are guaranteed to make new friends, with interests similar to theirs, from around the country at Ci. You yourself may even recall with fondness, as many people do, the friends that were made during your childhood camp experience. There’s no better place to quickly make lasting friendships.
- For memories. Campers won’t soon forget the memories they made during camp. The biblical lessons they learned, the STEM activities that stretched and grew them, and the fun times of fellowship with other campers and counselors will stick with them for years to come.
- For solid apologetics. Ci is not like any other camp I know of. Our unique blend of hands-on STEM activities and biblical teaching is designed to inspire kids who love STEM to continue studying and learning more but, more importantly, to do so for the glory of their Creator. We help them develop a biblical worldview and think from a biblical starting point about things like history, science, and technology. Nearly every STEM camp has an evolutionary worldview behind it but at Ci God’s Word provides the foundation for science and technology.
- For hands-on teaching. Campers don’t just sit around and listen to a teacher all day at Ci. They get to experiment and work with real science and technology. Hands-on activities provide the basis for our teaching, so they learn while they do.
There are many great reasons to send your science-minded young person to Camp Infinity—these are just a few. We are already gearing up for next year’s camp and are excited to welcome another group of new and returning campers next summer for a time of fellowship, learning, and growing in their relationship with the Lord. We will be announcing dates for Ci 4.0 soon so be sure to follow my blog and Ci on Facebook.
To learn more about Ci camps please visit us at CampInfinity.com/camps
Where Science & Technology Meet Truth