Each summer our Program Team creates new STEM activites. Before we do this we decide on a new theme. For example, last year (Ci 4.0) our theme was Space Exploration. The year prior to that (Ci 3.0) it was Energy. Because our campers are so curious and like to figure things out, rather than simply announce the theme, we prefer to give clues by asking questions. So here are some questions. See if you can figure out the 5.0 theme from these questions.
• Described as “the most alien-looking place on earth”, nearly 700 plant species on this island are endemic (unique to this island, found nowhere else on Earth). What is the name of this archipelago of four islands?
• An unexplained atmospheric electrical phenomemon usually associated with thunderstorms. It lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. It was first captured on video by a team of Chinese scientists in 2014. What is it called?
• An atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to the left and/or right of the sun. It is caused by the refraction by ice crystals in the atmosphere. What is this called?
• Why are there NO transitional forms in the fossil record?
• How should Christians respond to “save the earth”, “protect the planet”, etc?
• A giant sink hole flooded with ocean water located in the middle of a reef. It has been ranked number one on a list of “The 10 Most Amazing Places on Earth” by Discovery Channel. It is a destination for skilled scuba divers, but is limited to those who have logged more than 24 dives. What is it called?
If you have an idea what our Ci 5.0 theme is, please let us know on Facebook.